1. I selected Abstract Expressionism and Pop art of the 50's and 60's just to learn the background and meaning of abstract and I chose Andy Warhol because I've heard of him before and knew he was famous but didnt know much more than that.
2. For the abstract expressionism video i learned that color is a huge factor in an abstract work of art. When you look more carefully there's more to an abstract painting than what you see from a far. plain colors from a far have more of a meaning and definition up close. Emotions are behind color and makes the viewers feel what the artist feels. Each line on a painting is all based on experimenting from the artist which is why the artwork is so original and different from the next. Also how you use the brush with these colors plays a huge roll as well with how the painting comes together. In the Andy Warhol video i learned he cut things out of objects and enlarged them and made them to his own. I learned that he used silk screen on a picture of marilyn monroe and printed tons of series of them. He started simple and grew from there. Andy loved to make his artwork on famous people. I noticed he loved to make his artwork on huge sheets instead of something small.
3. These videos relate to the reading by over viewing about the two topics, but the video went more into depth and detail. It gave me a more of an understanding with abstract and the artwork of any warhol.
4. I enjoyed the films for the most part. Some parts were boring, but others were interesting. I liked watching the Andy Warhol video and seeing the pictures he did with Marilyn Monroe and the different versions he created of the same picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment